OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Hatteras/CABO Yachts, LLC ("Hatteras") is sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet. This policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us during your visits to our Website (the "Site") or through product registration cards, surveys, call centers, or other customer contacts.
You take privacy seriously, and so does Hatteras. It is our way of sustaining your trust in Hatteras and in our products and services.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
Types of Information. You may visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about you. When you visit our Site, purchase our products, contact our Call Centers, or participate in promotions or surveys you may provide us with two types of information:
- Personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis or provided by an authorized Hatteras dealer as part of your purchase, and
- Site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Site.
Personal information includes email address, first and last name, home or other physical address, telephone numbers, and other demographic information. For example, when a user orders a brochure online or completes a survey, the user voluntarily provides information about his current boat ownership, purchase plans and cruising or sportfishing preference. This information is used for market analyses, targeted direct-mail campaigns, and follow-up mailings. Hatteras, our authorized dealers, and any marketing consultants responsible for mailings receive this user information.
Site Use Information
Our servers collect the following Web site use information: the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows), browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), and the website that referred you to us. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, time and date of visits, and other similar information. Hatteras uses this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
Use of Your Personal Information
Hatteras does not sell, share, transfer or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties, except to our marketing providers, our authorized dealers, sister companies (affiliates), partners, and their marketing providers, all of which have comparable levels of privacy protection, or where disclosure is required by law. We may have agreements with marketing providers to provide specific services for you. When you request or use such services, we may share personal information with the marketing providers. In such cases, we will use good faith efforts to restrict the information provided to the information necessary for the provision of such services and limit any other use of the information. Consequently, we may transfer your information to countries throughout the world wherever we or such third parties conduct business. We may additionally use, store, disclose or otherwise process the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
- to understand the use of our Site and make improvements;
- to respond to specific requests or inquiries from Site visitors or to our customers;
- to obtain parental consent from visitors under 18 years of age, where necessary;
- to provide any necessary notices to our visitors or their parent or guardian;
- to protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary;
- to send you notices, promotions, and solicitations regarding the Site and products and services;
- to provide exclusive benefit packages to our customers;
- to provide product notifications from Hatteras or as required by the Federal Boat Safety Act;
- to provide product and marketing surveys to determine your present and future needs;
- to aid in providing customer service or warranty assistance;
- to send brochures, catalogs, and other marketing materials.
We or our hosting provider may also share aggregated demographic information with our users, our affiliated organizations, and other organizations with which we do, or contemplate doing, business. Such information is aggregated and is not linked to any information that can identify individual users.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features.
Data Controller and Data Processor
For the uses listed above, Hatteras/CABO Yachts, LLC is the data controller and Avala Marketing Group is the data processor. Please contact us for further information. Your personal data collected will be securely processed and stored in compliance with EU privacy laws (GDPR).
We will comply with the following user rights with respect to your personal data:
- the right of access to Personal Data relating to you;
- the right to correct any mistakes in your Personal Data;
- the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing;
- rights in relation to automated decision taking;
- the right to restrict or prevent your Personal Data being processed;
- the right to have your Personal Data ported to another data controller;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to complain to the DPC if you believe we have not handled your Personal Data in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
If you have any comments, concerns or complaints about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex or cumbersome, in which case we will respond within three months (we will inform you within the first month if it will take longer than one month for us to respond). Where a response is required from us within a particular time period pursuant to Data Protection Legislation, we will respond within that time period.
OPTING IN AND OPTING OUT
You have the option to choose not to receive certain types of communications from us. Any non-essential emails we send will always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to unsubscribe. If you have any issues or questions about opting in or opting out, please contact us. (see ‘How to contact us’ below). It may be impractical for us in some circumstances to prevent a third-party to whom you have supplied your information from continuing to use the information and opting out may not stop them from contacting you. You will need to contact them directly to opt out of any further use of your information. If you opt not to receive such communications or allow us to share your information and then give your personal data to us again using a Site or under other circumstances that permit us to use your information, we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us with any inquiries or complaints or choose to access, revise or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Hatteras/CABO Yachts, LLC
110 N Glenburnie Road,
New Bern, NC 28560
Phone: (252) 633-3101